Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Plant a thought and watch it grow.

Oh the weather ain't so fine today
Darling it's just right for me
Cause I've been thinking of you
Got these far away blues

Oh the water's mad
She's been fighting with the wind
I've been thinking of you
Got these far away blues

So please don't take me the wrong way
Things are fine and people are great, but
I've been thinking of you
Got these far away blues
Got these far away blues
- Joe Purdy

Hey Everyone! Sorry about not writing for a while. Things have been great, rainy today, but great. We just got back from our trip to Jinja (source of the Nile!), and it was incredible. I'll post pictures later... ha, well maybe. Later being like a month from now. 
One thing that really impacted me this trip was personally being asked to lead worship for one of the churches there. It was so intense and wonderful. I have never felt so alive before in all of my life. (Yes, I finally got my hands on a guitar!) It is great to know that no matter the distance, no matter the language, worshipping the Lord is cross-cultural. 
Love you all, and I think of you everyday. 

*If you haven't already, rent the movie 'War Dance'. INCREDIBLE! Specifically love the song Makambo by Geoffrey Oryema in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment