Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ode to a Washing Machine


Sittin' here thinkin': "Why was I so cruel?"
When I mocked your abundant, soapy pools.
I must apologize for I am not too proud,
Your spin cycled love I just wouldn't allow--Oh but we're far past that now.

I take it all back, those spoiled thoughts of 
mine,
(Dude, washing in small tubs really does KILL your spine!)
I toss and turn, dreaming of your shiny exterior,
I'm so sorry if my abuse and ridicule ever made you feel inferior. 

You washed my clothes, sheets, what have you, without complaint,
But now my bloody knuckles are a symbolic reminder of our laundry day war paint. 
Sweet mechanic perfection, you are my hero. 
Washing tubs - won; Muzungu - zero. 

Ha ha ha!! Wow... 

Liz & my torn up knuckles. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Loo, your poem is adorable and I'm guessing your washing machine misses you too! I am so sorry about Liz and your knuckles ... ouch!
    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete